These people who didn’t want pets went from “Not in my house” to not being able to spend a day without them.
“No cats or dogs in this house!”, my parents used to say when I was a kid. And there was nothing I could do to change their mind. Or at least that’s what I thought.
These people said the same, but once the animals entered their homes, they’ve conquered their hearts. Now, look at them! Someone who used to hate cats now cuddles with one.
Can you believe these people didn’t want any pets in their homes? They are so in love with their furry friends, it’s hard to believe they were once against it.
Enjoy the heartwarming posts below and share this story with your friends!
1. “Dad didn’t want a dog. Dad and the dog:”
2. “My father who adamantly “didn’t want another cat” called my phone to ask me to turn off the bath because he was busy”.
3. “I didn’t want another dog. My wife did. So we compromised and got another dog.”
4. “My mom and the dog she didn’t want”
5. “My dad didn’t want a dog. Now she’s his favorite little girl.”
6. “I don’t like this one.” He says as they cuddle over a peanut butter & jelly sandwich.
7. “Dad: No cats! – 1 year later – Dad: Look, I’m teaching her high five!”
8. “My dad who “didn’t want a cat” showing Lucas very item of the weekly shop because he wants to see what we’ve got.
9. “My Dad claims to hate cats. Also my Dad showing the cat dog videos on his phone”
10. “My husband who would ‘never allow a cat in his house’.”
11. “Growing up, my parents were strictly anti-dog. Since I’ve moved out I think they must really miss me… Meet Walker(right) Lincoln(center) and the new arrival Boone(the baby on the left). That’s the happiest I’ve ever seen my dad.”
12. “Dad 5 years ago: no dogs!! My dad now:”
13. “My dad: I don’t want a dog in this house. Also my dad:”
14. “And my Dad said he didn’t want a dog…”
15. “Grandparents went from, ‘We don’t need a cat’ to ‘Did you set up Lulu’s spot for dinner?’”
They may have been against having a pet in the house, but once they met and connected, they clearly fell in love with their furballs. How can you not? Just look at their cute little faces! And when they give you all their unconditional love, it’s impossible to send them away.
The truth is pets are a blessing. We may worry they’ll make a mess or ruin our furniture, but once they enter our lives, they become members of our family. And our love for them grows so big, it matters so much more than any piece of furniture, carpet, or drapes.
We make sacrifices for them, we compromise, and we adapt our lives to make sure they fit our furry friends. After all, they are family members. Do you have a story of your own? Share it in the comments section below!
We’d love to keep in touch! If you enjoyed these positive photos, share the fun with your friends. Follow us on our Bouncy Mustard Facebook Page and join our Smile While You Still Have Teeth humor group for more fun posts.