Here are some harsh truths about life we should all remember.
1. You can’t change anyone but yourself.
2. Life is short. Too short.
3. We can’t control what happens to us. But we can control how we react to it.
4. Bad days will come. But good days will follow.
5. Some people are just not compatible.
6. Everyone is going through something. Be kind.
7. Nothing lasts forever.
8. Life isn’t always fair. Just do your best.
9. If you don’t appreciate what you have, you will never have enough.
10. The little things in life are, in fact, the big things.
11. The only person you’re competing against is yourself. Stop comparing your life to others.
12. People grow. Up… Old… Apart…
13. Don’t worry about what others will say because the truth is people don’t even think about you that much. Everyone just thinks about themselves.
14. No one knows what will happen next.
15. Hard work doesn’t always pay off. What matters is that you do your best, give it your all, and learn.
16. People come and go. But true friends will always have your back.
17. You’re going to make mistakes. And that’s ok, as long as you learn from them.
18. There’s always going to be someone better than you. But who cares? Your only competition is who you were yesterday.
19. We’re all villains in someone’s story.
20. Tomorrow isn’t a certainty for anyone. Live life to the fullest every day!
21. You’ll win some, and you’ll lose some. The key is to win more than you lose.
22. There are things money can’t buy, but the truth is they can pay for a lot of the things that make us happy.
23. Before success, there is always a failure. So, if you fall, get up and try again.
24. Forgiveness is something you do for yourself and your peace of mind.
25. Nobody has the answer.
26. Pain is inevitable. But it will make you stronger.
27. Family is not always blood.
28. There is no ‘perfect time’ to do anything, so don’t wait.
29. People don’t want you to be honest, despite what they say. Everyone prefers sweet lies over the harsh truth.
30. Life is not a fairy tale, and not everyone gets a happy ending.
31. Everyone has fears and insecurities. You are not alone.
32. You already know the right answer. Follow your intuition.
33. You’ll learn more from listening than from speaking.
34. We are the ones who give our lives meaning. We are in charge.
35. Things can and probably will get worse. But they will also get better afterward.
36. It’s hard to be kind. That’s why kindness is an attribute of the strong.
37. We are different. We speak differently, look differently, pray differently, and vote differently. And that’s a good thing.
38. Walking away from toxic people and environments is OK.
39. Everything is possible. Dream big!
40. As long as you act like a victim, you will be a victim. Life is tough, but so are you.
41. If you don’t like where you are you can always move. You’re not a tree.
42. Knowing someone for a long time doesn’t make them a friend.
43. We are never ready to lose someone.
44. People only want to hear what they already believe. Don’t waste your time trying to convince anyone they’re wrong.
45. Whatever you do, others will judge you. So do what makes you happy.
46. What you want isn’t always what you need.
47. The life you are living right now is a dream for many people. Be grateful.
48. Love is the answer, but love alone isn’t enough.
49. If you keep looking behind you, at some point you will inevitably stumble and fall. Focus on the future and leave the past behind you.
50. True love never hurts. Love heals, makes you better, and helps you grow. And it feels like home. If it hurts, that’s not love.